What our employees are saying about working at A to Z Machine, Inc.
"I learned about A to Z’s apprenticeship opportunity thru my Tech -Ed instructor. I noticed the attention to detail and friendly atmosphere and knew it would help me grow. A to Z trust in its team has offered me a career and has begun a valuable skillset that I hope will continue to grow. I’m thankful and proud to be a member here."
"I work in a clean safe shop at A to Z Machine running high quality machinery making high tolerance parts. I make more money than I have ever made at any other place with good benefits also. I have the support of an experienced team to make the best parts possible."
"I started at A to Z through a school to work program knowing nothing about machining. Between the people and the training opportunities I received. It has turned into a very satisfying and lucrative career."
"A to Z has become a great fit for me. From my initial interview and walk-through, I noticed how clean the work area was, and how friendly everyone was. I've recently completed my first year, and am very glad I accepted the position with A to Z. This is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful, and we all have a genuine goal to be successful."
Culture of Safety
- We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of each other as team mates, of our customers, contractors and visitors.
- We believe all jobs can be completed safely and we strive for zero injuries. Think safe. Work safe.
- We take responsibility for our own safety and wellbeing and for the safety and wellbeing of those around us. Safety is not a program, a set of rules, a person or a department. It is a way of life and the way we do things around here.
- A to Z has made a collective commitment by all employee owners to emphasize safety over competing goals to ensure the protection of each other.
- We will not become complacent or take shortcuts that compromise our own safety or the safety of other employee owners, our customers, suppliers, contractors or visitors.
- We embrace the belief that all injuries are preventable and that achieving a safe environment starts with “me”. We hold ourselves and our team mates accountable to follow all safety procedures.
Clear Expectations and Accountability
- We strive to create clear expectations and to ensure we understand the expectations that have been set for us individually and as a team.
- We take ownership of our company and our future. That means we take personal accountability for our actions, results and our performance in all of our decisions and actions.
- We accept personal accountability to meet the customer’s needs, improve our systems and help each other improve our skills and effectiveness.
- We personally commit to the success and well-being of our team mates.
- We focus on finding solutions and achieving results in our everyday interactions.
- We are blameless problem solvers, focusing on finding the root cause and coming up with solutions rather than pointing fingers.
- We actively engage in discussions, building on ideas rather than tearing them down. We commit to decisions once they are made.
- We treat each other as we wish to be treated, with mutual respect, kindness and consideration for one another.
- We embrace and recognize each other’s differences and unique talents and skill levels. We honor each other’s diverse life and work styles.
- We listen to understand each other better.
- We operate in the spirit of cooperation and respect for all roles, responsibilities and jobs within the company and each person’s contributions.
- We believe each individual is capable and truly wants to contribute to their future potential.
- We are honest with people about their performance.
- We treat our customers and suppliers with mutual respect. We make it our mission to understand the customers’ needs and expectations and go out of our way to meet them.
- We recognize that we are each other’s internal customers and maintain high standards for how we work together and support each other.
- We do the right things in our actions and the decisions we make, even when no one is looking.
- We are honest with each other.
- We act with integrity in all aspects of our work and do not compromise the truth.
- We operate within the letter and the spirit of the law.
- If we make a mistake, we own it, apologize for it, make it right and learn from it.
- We honor our commitments to each other and to our customers.
Customer Satisfaction, Service and Success
- We are committed to delivering a high-quality product and value-added service to our customers. We believe this is critical in establishing and maintaining strong, life-long relationships with our customers.
- We are accountable for and committed to consistently meeting or exceeding our customers’ expectations for product quality, performance and on-time delivery.
- We show dedication, pride and enthusiasm in being the supplier of choice for our customers.
- We consistently set high goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving these goals.
- We celebrate results and proactively and positively problem-solve when we don’t achieve the high standards we have set for ourselves.
- We are dedicated to the success of both our external and internal customers.
Team Member Engagement and Teamwork
- There is no “them” or “they” in teamwork. We are one company, one team.
- We work together, building strong partnerships and relationships with our fellow employee owners across departments and at all levels to maximize our shared knowledge and to bring greater value to one another and our customers.
- We strive to foster relationships built on trust, respect, sincerity, humility, kindness, commitment and accountability.
- We believe in proactively seeking out different perspectives and breaking down silos.
- Employee owners being engaged in the business and working together as a team is required in all great companies. We succeed only when we work together as one team.
- Talking with each other, listening to each other and valuing each other is the key to high productivity and high retention of both customers and employee owners.
- We are not satisfied with the status quo and strive to make tomorrow better than today.
- We relentlessly pursue continuous improvement and excellence in the services we provide and define success as getting the right things done well and on time.
- Things can always be improved upon and “the way we’ve always done it” won’t get us to the next level.
- As we move forward with our culture of continuous improvement we will focus on “fire prevention” rather than “firefighting”. Working on and focusing on improving the little things will help us to prevent the big things that become fires that need to be fought.
- We will encourage innovation, creativity and creative problem solving by fostering an environment of listening, mentoring and encouragement, and by creating a safe environment where team mates can freely bring up ideas, both crazy and pragmatic and engage in conversations to explore ideas and move forward.
- We follow up on ideas with a sense of urgency and a sense of purpose.
- We remember to never stop asking why. We are curious and question what we don’t understand.
- We engage in the Plan – Do – Check – Act cycle as we pursue new ideas and processes.
- We celebrate our wins and continue to look for more opportunities to improve.
- 100% Employee Owned – profits come back to employee owners
- Competitive Wages Quarterly Bonus Program
- Regular performance and wage reviews
- 401(k) plan with a Safe Harbor Contribution
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid lunch breaks
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Monthly Catered Lunches
- Holiday Party
- Other Company Sponsored Gatherings
- Safety program reimbursments
- Health Insurance – 2 Competitive plans to choose from
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Company paid $25,000 policy for all Employee Owners
- Additional life insurance available for Team Member, spouse and children
- Short & Long – Term Disability – paid for by the company
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Monthly Gym Reimbursements available for Team Member and Spouse